Lacoste: the green crocodile lives on

>> Monday, September 7, 2009

I was flicking through a bunch of magazines that were left by the previous tenant in our apartment, and found myself continually staring at the Lacoste advertisements. I think I was surprised by them, because I associate Lacoste with my dad who loves (and is borderline obsessed) sporting the crocodile polo shirts and insists that I buy him one wherever I travel to. This association makes me think it's for the more mature, older (cough) person, which is fair enough as the French brand has been around since 1933, and it feels like my dad has been around since then too (sorry dad!).

But my staring was at the realisation that Lacoste is keeping up with modern times, despite still carrying it's streamlined designs as a 'sporting' brand. It's bright, and by the look of this year's Spring/Summer campaign, it's fun.
Not sure if I'm going to buy into it, coz I just might make my dad feel young and hip again =p
Check out the Fall/Winter advertising - loving the pink gum boots!
And fashion photographer, Terry Richardson is pretty much the greatest! He's the man behind these shots and don't be surprised if you see a blog post on him soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP