Bleh!

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That was how I felt when I got out of bed. Bleh bleh bleh. Strong headache and a blocked nose. Hello cold! I thought I had it under control, but here it is rearing it's ugly head (sorry for the bad visuals!).

Then, to step up the bleh-ness of my day, here is a story that may brighten yours...

I'm not sure if any of you knew this, but I live in Nepal. Nepal is a third world country. Which is the reason I am here - to help the Nepali people learn about hygiene, reproductive health, economic development and other complicated things that we westerners claim to already have in practice. So today as I was walking to my place of work a van drives past and out comes, what appears to be, a mouthful of water (I don't want to imagine what else it could be). And where do you suppose it lands? Oh yes! You got it! All over ME! Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and PISSED off I felt. When I got to work I attempted to wipe myself down, but the YUK-NESS was irremovable. Everyone spits here, it's the grossest thing ever - so don't go barefoot when you come to Nepal. You might catch all sorts of nasty things. Anyway, the words 'one way ticket back to Australia' having been mulling in my mind...

In other news, a few images came to my attention and have made my day mildly better:

One is a photo by Mr. Sartorialist in NYC - loving the casual look and the stripey skirt. I see this whole boyfriend shirt thing is coming back in and I'm not sure how my husband is going to react to seeing me go through his wardrobe...And one of the shows I have been eagerly awaiting from the runways of New York, is Alexander Wang's Spring/Summer 2010. Here are a few of my faves:



pics via grazia

2 comments:

Stacey September 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

I love that picture of the girl in the boyfriend shirt/stripey skirt combo. She looks great!

Ali September 16, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

Yuck. So sorry about your "water" incident.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP