The Surf Lodge: Montauk NY

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Here I go again with my associations, but I have never associated the sun, beach and surf with New York, until now. To me New York is all shops, glitzy, flashing lights, yellow cabs, broadway, concrete territory. Completely opposite to the sun-bathed, golden tan, wear-summer-dresses-all-year-round, Los Angeles. But now my eyes have been opened, and New York has gotten a whole lot better! I have never been to New York, LA - yes, but NY is still up there on the list. And now knowing that I can still have my stylish beach holiday and shop til I drop without having to buy a plane ticket to the otherside of the country, pushes NY closer to number 1 on that list (Turkey is #1 in case you were wondering).
About 200kms from New York City is Montauk, a sleepy coastal town on the east end of Long Island. Nearly 500m from the beach is the beautifully kept, The Surf Lodge.
Judging by the photos, it looks like your home away from home where you can relax with a board game with friends or sip cocktails on the expansive deck while watching the sun set.
After ohh-ing and aahing and the photos on the website for the past little while, I now have even more reason to visit NYC, for some summer lovin' and not just to go shopping.via thecoolhunter.com.au

3 comments:

Beryl September 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Ohhh tell me all about it! Is it as good as it looks??

SnOOp September 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

I love Montouk! You should check out on my blog http://heartanddesign.blogspot Ben Watt's (brother to Naomi) weekender. He and his friends seem to have a blast there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP