The Rain's are Here!

>> Friday, July 31, 2009

So the monsoon has well and truly dropped on us here in the Kathmandu Valley, and I have realised that I need to keep an umbrella at every single place I go to regularly. Just because the sun is shining doesn't mean that the sky will not cloud over and dump buckets of water on me within minutes. So I've counted and I need 7 umbrellas: an umbrella for my bicycle (I only need one hand for steering and breaking!), one for the scooter, one at work, two at home (in case hubby steals one), one at hubby's shop, and I would really like to keep one at the local grocer...just in case!

So here are some beautiful and unique umbrellas that would suit me just fine for this monsoon season. The umbrellas come in all different sizes with different handles and fabrics all handmade by Yoshihisa Iida, a Japanese man who makes gorgeous parasols too.

4 comments:

Auntie Em July 31, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

i adore umbrellas but alas i have none,umbrellas like sunglasses do not last long in my world :-(

Beryl July 31, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Oh I completely agree! Hence why I think I need to store one everywhere I go so at least I will have myself covered (no pun intended) =)

Maylin G. G. August 3, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

Funny i came across this blog, i LOVE umbrellas! Makes me want to go get a new one lol

Madam Sha August 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I love these!
I have a bit of a thing for umbrellas,
&& these are just beautiful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP