Stand bold

>> Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh I'm back and feeling very inspired! Had a quick visit this week to the India/Nepal border and visited some very unique tribal groups. Such lovely and humble people, seeing things like that makes me love my work so much :)

Anyways, these structured shouldered blazers have been around for a while now. The most memorable and 'popular' are from the French fashion house Balmain.
I think they look great, and give a sophisticated feel to any outfit. But, unfortunately for me, someone with broad German shoulders, it gives more of a 'I may knock someone out if I turn around too quickly' sort of vibe.
Here are some of my favourites:

Above is the ELIZABETH AND JAMES Belted Elizabeth Blazer or a cheaper option is the Zara/Balmain blazer which is about half the price. I love it! Instant chic!
On another note, something random but still newsworthy, is that in 2 weeks I'm going to be modeling for Nepal Fashion Week. Oh the expectation! And I would just like to say that I have no experience at all whatsoever! Crazy times I tell ya...

1 comments:

Stacey August 24, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Balmain always makes such cool stuff. I'd kill for some of those jackets.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP