It's my blog's birthday!

>> Sunday, August 16, 2009

It just occurred to me that it has been just over 6 months since I started this blessed blog - geez time flies!

I realised that the whole time I've been blogging, I haven't shared much about myself, so I thought I'd tell you how I got here and shed some light on the person on the other side of the screen...

I'm heading towards my mid-twenties, just graduated from university last year and scored myself a great (and crazy!) job with an aid organisation in Nepal. Then my serious boyfriend realised he couldn't live without me and proposed...we planned the wedding in 2 months and got married the day before we headed for Nepal... so if anyone knows how to throw together a wedding in a short amount of time, under lots of pressure, it would be me :)

So here I was, a newlywed trying to adjust to a new country, a new job (since I had been living the good student life for the past four years) and having a 'husband'. And from all of these new adjustments, the hardest thing was the lack of shopping centers and pretty clothes and shoes and little nick nacks that I used to see all the time (Nepal is a developing country, very beautiful - but very poor). So as one does, I turned to the internet where I could access all of the above and more and know that I could be up to date all the time. From all my browsing, I built up a wish-list of all the things I wanted from my virtual shopping and wanted to put them in a place where I could look and escape...

So 166 posts later and here I am! I have a day job and this is my thang on the side, and I've realised that since I started blogging I've been more up to date with the world's happenings than ever!

things that thrill my heart... is a collection of things that interest and inspire me. From missing my home in Melbourne, to our new adventure in Kathmandu - and everything that falls in between!

dreamy pic via beth_retro

2 comments:

Stacey August 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Happy Birthday!

And, a belated congratulations on your great but crazy job. Nepal sounds amazing. I hope I get the opportunity to do something like that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP