Legendary

>> Friday, June 26, 2009

I am sure that today will probably be deemed, "World Moonwalk or Thriller Dance Day" following the death of everyone's beloved M.J. Most of you bloggers have felt the need to share your first encounter with the Pop Prince, so I feel like I should share my 'first time' too...

I was in grade three at Richmond Community Primary School and my favourite Art teacher of all time, Isabelle, let us have free time where we could dance, draw, paint or even clean the classroom if we wanted to (and let me tell you that we all loved Isabelle so much that we would've cleaned!). Of course me and my bestest friend Amanda chose to dance the afternoon away. Isabelle chose a tape and put it in the tape player. The first song that came on was Black & White and I was thrilled thinking, "my mom would never let me listen to this at home!" I was so excited, me and Amanda put together a little dance routine and learnt all the words to the song because we wanted it played over and over and over again...

Anyways, now that I feel like I have properly acknowledged this momentous day where Michael Jackson was layed to rest, I can get on with things that thrill my heart...

I have seen these gorgeous Ladurée Macaroons quite a bit around the blog world. Unfortunately I have not made it to Paris to try one first hand, but the pretty colours and amazing flavours that have been matched together do make my mouth water. Just imagine: jasmine/mango, blackcurrent/violet, vanilla, orange blossum, caramel, chocolate, raspberry, pistachio...

If you have tasted these famous macaroons in either Paris, London, Monaco, Geneva or Tokyo, please comment and let me know what you thought of them! I would love to know if they taste as good as they look!

2 comments:

sthapit June 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Was just at Ladurée - it was good http://socialect.com/posts/560 though I like Pierre Hermé better. Gérard Mulot is good also http://socialect.com/posts/544

Beryl June 30, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Wow can't believe you just visited Paris...how did you manage to come back to crazy Kathmandu!?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP