The Philippine Islands

>> Friday, June 11, 2010

Firstly, the Philippines is not usually known by this name. I think someone wanted to make it sound more exotic and added 'islands' to the end, and some Filipinos love it and others loathe it (I saw BryanBoy tweet that he hated it). Anyways, I am very proud of the fact that I am half Filipino (ha they say it's a new race - there's so many!), especially because I get to spend wonderful holidays by the beach side all in the name of 'seeing family'. My mum comes from the island called Mindanao, which is the biggest and most southern island and her hometown faces west, so can you imagine the amazing sunsets we get to witness every evening? Breath-taking! My fondest childhood memories are jumping off the rocks into the beautiful crystal clear water (I refuse to jump now - the rocks have danger written all over them!) and going boating up and down the coast with my cousins. Such fun fun times!

But alas, I'm a little bit sad at the moment as my parents are over there right now enjoying some wonderful beach and family time while I slave away at work here in Nepal *sigh*. This is the second time my parents have gone with out me and it sucks!

Here are some photos I took from the last time I went in 2008...

That's me in the boat!
and those dreaded jumping rocks
It's my second home...

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 12, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I'm half Filipino too:) and visited Mindanao for the first time last month - I went to Davao - it was so gorgeous! I love the PI :) x

A Gluten Freestyle June 14, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

Amazing photos. Looks so wonderful.
Lovely blog.
Hope you had a great weekend.
x

Beryl June 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

@Catherine Yeah I really miss it! I really can't wait to take my husband there!

@Walk the Sand - you should definitely think of going there for a holiday ;)
I had a lovely weekend thank you! Hope your weekend was wonderful too! xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP