On Top of the World for a Cause

>> Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something a little bit different today...

I'm going to the foot of the tallest mountain in the world.

Just saying that scares me! In two weeks time, me and a group of friends will start trekking to Everest Base Camp for charity. We've been buying all our sleeping bags and down jackets (because it's going to be FREEZING!), and have been talking to lots of people for advice so that we can maximize our chances of reaching Base Camp (it's a pretty strenuous walk, lots of people get altitude sickness or food poisoning and never even make the end of the track).

I have to admit, I have been training very hard so I'll be the tail on the end of the group, but thank the Lord for wonderful porters and Sherpas who will be helping me carry my bag (and possibly me by the end of it!).

What is this all for you may ask? Well it's for the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) who are working here in Nepal. By doing this trek we hope to raise money and awareness for a project to train women with leadership skills so they can be able to improve the world they live in. Pretty worthy cause I think, girl power! But seriously, Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world and they really need all the help they can get so hence this little adventure to Everest! We've called our campaign, Move Mountains, because that's what we're trying to do. It's a very fitting name don't you think?

Anyways, I'm babbling too much. Help the women of Nepal out and check out my personal fundraising site here and donate if you can :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP