Bono + wife Ali + LV

>> Friday, September 24, 2010

Despite some criticisms, I love this collaboration between Bono and wife, Ali Hewson 's ethical clothing label, Edun, and Louis Vuitton. It is suppose to bring 'international exposure' to Edun's mission to eradicate poverty through sustainable enterprise in Africa.

Photographed by the remarkable Annie Leibovitz, the campaign continues LV's popular travel themed ads into Africa with the tag line, "Every journey begins in Africa" which is also etched onto the special edition Keepall style embossed in monogram canvas, and with a special charm hanging off of it. Proceeds from sales of the bag will go to TechnoServe and the Cotton Initiative.

I love a good cause, especially when a luxury brand is involved. But I often wonder, does the fact that the profits made on the bag go to charity, drive sales further or hinder it? There's a question to ponder...




I've realised I really love blog titles with equations lately! Funny thing is, I hate maths!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP