The Waiting City

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

I saw this movie over at Daydream Lily and I can't wait to see it. Since living in Nepal I am very into movies based in this region, especially India because I can relate to the imagery and most of the experiences that are encountered. The Waiting City looks really well made for an Australian movie (I had to say it!) and I was surprised that Isabel Lucas was in it too (along with other Aussie acting legends Radha Mitchell and Joel Edgerton). It comes out in cinemas in Australia July 15th...not sure how I'm going to get to see it, but I will find a way!

Daydream Lily describes it...
"...The Waiting City tells the story of an outwardly happy Australian couple who journey to India to collect their adopted baby. When they arrive in Kolkata they discover that the adoption arrangements have still to be finalised. Soon the intoxicating mystic power of the city pulls them in separate and unexpected directions and the vulnerability of their marriage begins to reveal itself... "

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

I live in India and I find this really fascination too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! xxx

green tea and red nails July 4, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

oh i am SO excited for this! there are lot of aussie movies coming out that look really good :) woohoo!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP