Life // Two years has come to an end...

>> Thursday, January 6, 2011

I initially created this blog as a way to document my inspiration, things that I love, 'virtually' shop, and basically just day dream. It kind of turned into an escape. In January 2009 my husband and I moved to Nepal for my work (I was an intern with an Aid Organisation), which was a huge and uncertain thing, seeing as we also got married the week before we moved. So much has happened in the past 2 years I can't even begin to summarise it all, but I know it will be one of those experiences which I won't realise how much it has impacted my life until later on down the track.
I have mixed feelings about leaving Nepal; excitement (to go home to Australia), uncertainty (no job, no home waiting for us in Aus), expectation (that Australia will be the same?!), sadness (leaving Nepal and people we have grown greatly fond of), anxiety (for time to hurry up to Friday morning), stress (how am I suppose to fit 2 years of life in a suitcase!?), happiness (to see old friends and family in Aus), disappointment (in leaving Nepal when there is still so much to be done), and as much as I don't want to admit it, a little bit of regret. You see, I think that my planning and traveling bug kind of got in the way of us enjoying and appreciating Nepal to it's full extent (or as much as possible). Instead of enjoying where I was in the world, I was planning trips to more interesting and history-filled places when I could've just opened my door and probably my eyes more too.

But anyway, I'm trying to focus on the things that I have done and what I can take from this experience and if I write them all down I'm sure it will turn into some sort of biography! So here it is in pictures...



2 comments:

Unknown January 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

So the big question is: what next? After this amazing adventure, normality may seem a bit boring for you. All the best as you pack and prepare for some reverse culture shock. Yes, it's real! Hugs to you both. xx

Kristina January 11, 2011 at 3:23 AM  

Great pictures! It seems you had a wonderful, inspirational and unforgetable time in Nepal!
All the best for 2011 and have a smooth move back to Australia!
Viele Gruesse, Kristina

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP