Coco Avant Chanel

>> Thursday, January 21, 2010

On our flight from Sydney to Bangkok I watched Coco Avant Chanel (Coco before Chanel). I'm glad I finally had the opportunity to see it and I was so surprised by Gabrielle Chanel's life before the couture label. I read a few reviews about the film, and alot of people mention the contradictions in her life. One major one is the fact that she created/wore clothes that did not conform to the traditional style of that time: no corsets, big puffy dresses, no big hats etc. and instead created her own brand that is now considered the 'ultimate' in the fashion world, of which every woman wants to get her little mittens on.
I loved to see how little by little her style and clothing develop into familiar pieces throughout the film, such as the tweed jackets, that we can still see now as Chanel classics. I, like most women that have seen the movie, fell in love with the black dress that she wore dancing with the love of her life, Boy Chapel. My oh my, it was just beautiful...
I think the greatest thing about this film, was that it wasn't glamorous. It was real, and didn't Audrey Tautou do a fabulous job? Love her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Copyright
© 2009 by 'things that thrill my heart...'
The logo and all written and personal material published on this blog is copyrighted. Photos and ideas should link to their origin (if it's not from my own brain) if not stated. If you desire to use or publish any personal material (including Polyvore sets) - please ask me!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP